HybridZ

Toyota 4 Piston Caliper under 14" wheels

Guest jwelch

Guest jwelch

I've found a set of Toyota 4x4 calipers to do the front brake conversion. I've read some articles that say the stock wheels "may" not fit with the calipers. I have a set of 14x8 wheels up front and am wondering if there will be a clearence problem. Anyone running stock 14"s with this setup? Thanks 2thumbs.gif

Regards,

Guest Anonymous

I have the older 4x4 set up and have no problem . The later 4x4 looks similar in shape, mountiong holes and bout the same size but longer in the arc length and width which means they should fit without any clearance problem.

The shape of the backside of the rim is what counts.

I have a friend with a set of the 4x4 4runner calipers with the 300zxt rotors. He has 14x7" mesh style enki's and the back side of the rim touched the the oustide face of the caliper. he needed a 1/4" spacer for his rims to clear the calipers. I have a set of Epsilon 16x7's and they also did not fit back on. I too needed a 1/4" spacer to clear the face of the caliper. The back side of my rims are basically flat..that is the problem.. If they were convex on the inside of the rim..then I'd have been fine..

The diameter of the rim is irrelevent.. unless you have 13" rims of course. hehe

Guest jwelch

Thanks for the info. everyone.

ZR8ED, where did your friend get the spacer or did he just make one? I guess now I could run into a problem with fender to tire clearence if the tire in deed has to be pushed outwards.

:confused:

Regards,

Guest Anonymous

Same deal, I had run the 4x4 setup (non-vented) with aluminum slots mags that had oh maybe 3-3.5" backset and it worked fine. The spacers BTW are usually at like Pep dudes and Kragens, look in the Rice-ware you'll usually find them (or the tire products area). :D

Regards,

Lone

Oh yeah, most of the spacers I was refering to are 1/8-1/4" thick.

Originally posted by ZR8ED:

The shape of the backside of the rim is what counts.

I have a friend with a set of the 4x4 4runner calipers with the 300zxt rotors. He has 14x7" mesh style enki's and the back side of the rim touched the the oustide face of the caliper.

I can vouch for that - my wheels were the '81 ZX snowflakes, 15x6, and they touched the caliper. I wound up selling them and getting another set of wheels cheap