HybridZ

240/260 bumpers on 280?

silviaguy240

Short answer is the 240/260 ones will not fill the indents as well on a 280z.

What Indents are you talking about? 280's dont have indents in the rear and the front indents on the the headlight bucket fit the the 240/260 bumper fine. I have 240z fiberglass bumpers from MSA and they fill the indents fine on my 280.

Like he said there are alot of threads thatll help you make the brackets/fit them etc.

I used late 260 bumpers and it worked pretty good. I collapsed the 280 bumper shocks and welded them shut. I made slight modifications to the mounting flanges and then bolted the late 260 bumps right on. I think this method was so easy because the late 260 had bumper shocks like the 280.

May I suggest we combine all the different useful tips and info from the other threads and any new input into this one thread? It would be very nice yo have all that info compiled into one thread. I'm going to be mounting 240 bumpers on my '78 soon enough, and it'd save people like me more time having it all in one place rather than scattered into several different threads. :)

The indents on the front are what he's talking about I think, and they look silly unless the car is so low you can't notice the bottom valance's indents.

I'd get a front lip along with the bumpers for a more complete and stylish look.

Mario

Yeah, I was meaning front indents around the lower front valence. Like Mario said, get a front lip to go with it as well and complete the look.

Tyson

The indents on the front are what he's talking about I think, and they look silly unless the car is so low you can't notice the bottom valance's indents.

I'd get a front lip along with the bumpers for a more complete and stylish look.

Mario

that i am doing, getting a xenon/MSA style front valence along with the ZG flares...and yes this car will be low.