HybridZ

pls pls hellllp ME

just got my front springs cut to lower the ride and now she bottoms out when i hit a bump,what other springs can i put in front and cut without bottoming out ??,i heard chevette springs are an alternative,any ideas please??

also what other kind of brake upgrades are you aware of besides the toyota swap,i'm tryng to avoid that 'cos it will affect my wheel offset after it is installed.

pls help me.

i'm LOSING ITT :mad::mad:

Guest Anonymous

cutting the springs just do not seem to work! Not for me any way. You might go to a good quality gas strut cartrige to help hold up the suspension. Plan on going to lowerering springs or coilovers. Someone has them for sale now on this forum

Guest Thurem

If you can cut your springs, you can also install some of those rubberthingies between the coils that keep them from bottoming out, should be just what the doc prescribed. Get them from any Checkers/Autozone/Pepboys.

Thure twak.gif

" what other kind of brake upgrades are you aware of besides the toyota swap,i'm tryng to avoid that 'cos it will affect my wheel offset after it is installed."

The swap alone will not affect your wheel offset, the rotors are spaced inwards on backside of hub. The front hub face stays as is...only if you had a caliper to wheel interference might you then space your wheels outward.

I haven't checked, but are 280ZX OE springs similar diameter to Z OE springs? Might find some half decent ZX springs you can cut and slice if cheaps the route. I was v. cheap once (now just quite cheap ;) ) and swapped in two different sets of used parts yard springs from lower mileage 2+2 280ZX's...got me thru one year of driving till I could start affording 'new' parts ;) on occasion.

Don't forget that when you lower a Z substantially you need to have shorter shocks. How high off the ground do you want the rocker panels to be? What spring rates are you looking for?

The cheapest brake upgrade is good pads. Going to the Toyo caliper won't necessarily help you stop faster. How much are you willing to spend?