HybridZ

hp & torque confusion

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

here is the problem. i was trying to figure what hp and torque i currently have from the old motor i built and wanted to improve on it but i need a basis to go from. here are the spects if someone could figure it for me and let me know. i have 2 programs and they are different. i am confused. 355 chevy motor, 10.00 conpression, hydraulic non roller cam, cam specs are advertised lift 0.458, 0.458/ .50 lift is 218.0 218.0/ small block chevy head pocket ported 2.02/1.60 valves. centerline cam 108.0/ 780 card/dual plan manifold/hooker block huggers/21/2 dual with crossover/700r4 tranny/3.54 gears/26 rear tires/1.6 roller rockers/msd ignition/6al msd box/ 12 point cage inwork/ k&n filter.

i hope i listed enough stuff. if need more info let me know.

the figures i come up with is 377hp 393tq/403hp/406tq/385hp/400tq.

this is where i am confused are the different programs that different? 3 different 3 programs 3 different levels.

please help. i want to build a 500?hp/500?tq motor. yeh i am trying to catch up to ya mike kelly. later, chris

Guest Locutus

I have been using desktop dyno 2000, it usually gets within 20hp of actual hp. All the numbers you have are all with in about 25 of each other. You could just take the average and you will probably be pretty close.

Guest Anonymous

the one that gave me the 403hp 406tq is the old desk top dyno. now would this be at the flywheel? probably so i would figure. what would it be at the rear wheels then?