HybridZ

head unit wiring Q

ok, i just got my self an Alpine 9885 for my 280z the other day, i have it in and hooked up and it works wonderful...but, my dumb self wired both the power leads through the ignition source so every time i turn off my car it resets all my settings on the head unit. now my question is, where do i wire it so i have some sort of power all the time (yellow wire, red wire is correctly wired for the ignition), i just tried to tap the hazards today but that didnt seem to work...and to clarify i used the green w/ black stripe..soooooo what can i tap into so my headunit wont reset?

and ps. im not that great at wiring, you tell what to wire i can do it. but exploring and identifying things myself im terrible at.

All you have to do is tap into anything that is always hot.It doesnt take much power for that function,it just keeps your settings stored.If you have trouble finding an easy hot wire(just get a test light)all you will need to do if you cant is go straight to the battery with it.Plus going straight to the battery allows you to be sure you arent interfering with anything else and it will never reset unless you take that wire off or disconnect the battery.