HybridZ

Can't get it started!!!!! Agggh!!!!

Guest crzy88

Guest crzy88

Hi Everyone. I'm a new Z car owner.

1976 Datsun 280Z.

I drove my car to the bodyshop. Cleaned up the engine bay, removed the dashboard and cleaned that up as well. Reconnnected everything and NOW, the car won't run. It cranks, but it won't turn over.

I've rechecked all the connections and even bought a new coil. Any suggestion? Somebody suggested to me it could be IGNITION COMPUTER (ignition control module), but I didn't even touch that.

PROBLEM #2 - When I got the car - I got ripped. The FUSIBLE LINK was missing and the previous owner just connected all the wires together. What should I do? I've heard that there's a better option than using the origina fusible Link of the 280Z.

THANKS!!!!

Well something is obviously not connected or it would start for sure..go back to the point where you mentioned the fusible link..if nothing was touched as far as the ICM then I would have to think its got to do with the fusible link..would put those back as original and then go from there. You can order them on line if they are not available in your area. Ck this site

http://www.zzxdatsun.com/280z_stuff.html