HybridZ

What things in the engine bay are controlled by the chassis harness?

Just curious what devices in the engine bay run on the chassis wiring harness? I'm thinking since I want to rewire my car (crappy previous owner hack jobs) I might give it a shot with the engine still in the car for ease of the task (not having to pull the motor), then maybe when I pull the motor to swap it, paint the engine bay then. Anyhow, can anyone add or subtract from my list of what I can pull off the top of my head?

Lights

Turn signals

Horn

Altrenator

Starter

Coil

Oil pressure sender

Fusible links

As well as various other little things on the passenger side of the engine

I can go out tomorrow and look really well in the engine bay, I just want to know to look for wires that I may not notice that are connected to the chassis harnes. If someone on here has done it with the engine in the car, I might be able to yank all that nasty wire out and install an EZ Wiring kit in the car.

While you are on the topic if there is a thread about rewiring the engine that would be helpful too. I need to do this to my 280zxt. When I swapped from a n/a to a turbo they used the n/a harness and I don't know what I would need to do now to put in the Z31 ecu. So I figured I'd rewire the whole thing. Good luck with your project.