HybridZ

Persuit of Horsepower Part 2

It's been a long while since I've posted. I'm working on a 260Z with a 283 and 2 speed powerglide.

Well mechanically every thing is done, motor and trans are mounted, driveshaft fitted, and all that good stuff. The only thing remaining is the electrical side of things. I know alot of people opted for a Painless kit, but for me it isn't an option.

Seriously, the 283 only had like 4 wires to the whole engine.

What do I do with the transistor ignition module, and ballast resistor that I don't need any more?

I suppose I'll have to send the Tach off to John's for recalibration, but where will it wire in with the new engine?

What will I need to make the Chevy temp sensor and oil pressure sensor work?

I've got more question than I have space for, thanks in advance for responding.

Save the money you would have spent geting John to recalibrate your tach and use it to buy the Datsun Z V-8 Conversion Manual

For $33.95 the manual will not only tell you how easy it is to "recalibrate your tach" (i.e. turn one screw from one stop to the next), but will tell you exactly what you need to do with your wiring and how you get all the sensors to work.

When you are done you can easily sell it for $20.