HybridZ

Coilover adjustment problems

Guest nezzie76

Guest nezzie76

Okay, I'm wondering if there is a secret that I'm missing. I need to get the rear end of my Z up about an inch. The problem is that I can't really get the collar to move up. The rears are under pressure (even with the tire off) so when I turn the collar the sleeve moves with it. I tried clamping the sleeve to the spring, which sortof worked but kept coming off. I was able to move the collar about 1/4 inch up with a flathead screwdriver and a hammer, but that was like 1/2 hours worth of work. I'm considering taking the whole thing apart, going up an inch, and then putting it back together again, but that's alot of work if there's a better solution.

Thanks,

Nate :confused:

OK 2 things come to my mind (if these are ground control) did you fully loosen the allen head set screw on the coller? When you put everyting together initially did you put the rubber ring over the strut tube and slide the threaded coller over the rubber ring?

Dragonfly

Guest nezzie76

A rubber ring? I didn't get one. I didn't even know that there was such a thing. Hmmmm..

Yeah I loosened the allen screw pretty much as far as it will go without coming off.

Ouch! You made me cringe when you said you clamped the sleeve and beat on the collar with a hammer and screwdriver eek2.gif . Gentle man, it's just aluminum. Mess up those threads and you could create a dangerous situation.

I was baffled at first about he o-ring too. I ended up losing one. It shot off the end of the strut tube while I was tring to put it on. Lost forever in the garage jungle. I picked one up the next day at the hardware store for about 20 cents. If was not exactly like the others but worked just fine.

Go buy the o-rings and promise me no more clamping and hammering, ok?

There, I feel much better. :rolleyes:

When I got mine I took them out of the box to exam them and I found that each threaded sleave had a small diameter rubber ring taped to the inside. I looked in all the instructions and pictures and did not see anything about this rubber ring so I called ground control and was told to put the rubber ring over the strut tube at the top then put the threaded sleave over the ring/tube and push the sleave down to the welded on stop ring. When I did this it took some force to push the sleave down but it keeps the sleave from rotating when you adjust the collar and it also keeps the sleave from moving if you fully unload the suspension.

If you did not get the rubber ring (O-ring) call ground control and ask them about it I am sure they will take care of you as they are very reputable.

Dragonfly