HybridZ

Cadillac CTS-V transmission fits S30/LS1?

TheNeedForZ

Hi,

I have a LS1 engine from a 98 Camaro(originally a 6-speed car) I was wondering if a T56 from the Cadillac CTS-V will fit the S30 car, or what does it take to make it fit?

So far I gathered on the internet :

input shaft is longer

bellhousing is longer (perhaps larger too, hit S30 firewall? if trans moves back due to longer bellhousing, does John's Cars Kit fit?)

uses "dual mass flywheel" and "twin clutch"...something like that, like a Z06

shifter is not on the transmission body = need a aftermarket shifter

What have you guys heard about the interchangability?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

MY buddy has a CTS-V. I have had his car on the lift here as well as a few 98+ Fbodys I know the Bellhousing "Looks" just like an F-body I didn't notice any major diffrence there but I wan't looking hard and I shurly didn't measure it. it just didn't jump out at me looking totaly diffrent.

one MAJOR diffrence in the shifter. The front seats are much farther back from the firewall & engine than the F-body so GM made a shifter ASY that mounts to the tail shaft and then runs through linkage to about the Fbody shifter location. this pushes the CTS-V stick about 8-10" farther back than the F-body I don't know if the CTS-V shifter asy can be swapped out for a F-body ASY.