HybridZ

RB30's

Z24O

i know someone with two right now. and i've got one from him.

i paid 800 for the shortblock that is really clean, no sohc head, and has a lot of the ancilliary belt driven parts and accessories in a box to go with them.

he has two more that are in somewhat same condition.

one is 400 dollars and has been in a front end collision, so the damper is cracked (prolly means the crank is pooched too, and maybe has endplay you could toss a football between), but you never know, could have just been the crankpulley that got snubbed.

and then there is the 500 dollar one which i was going to buy, but the tooth fairy left more money for me this time, so i went with the 800 dollar one instead for some insurance.

the 500 dollar one definately needs a 40 over and a honing.

but i'm doing that to my 800 dollar one anyways.

i can give u contact info, and you can discuss other possible options regarding his RB30's.

very cool guy.

haha,i can get plenty where i am,just wondering if it's worth sending any overseas

would most of you be interested in the short block,complete motor,DOHC conversion,etc,etc

well i guess i answered most of your questions then. LOL

heck if i blow mine up, i may require some RB30's so if you can match the price!!!!!

My RB30 oddesy began in 2004. It was offered on ebay. Here is a breakdown of what it cost and the process. This is what the break down was then.

Series II non-turbo short block off ebay

(block, crank, rods, pistons, rear seal, and beat up oil pump) $305.00AU ($218USD)

Shipping and handling from Australia $304.00AU

Total $609.00AU or $439.20 US Dollars

The block was picked up from the sellers door and loaded into a container consigned by Brennan International

Brennan International Shipping Company charges into Port of San Diego

Documentation $50.00

Terminal Handling Charge $45.00

Chassis Fee (No idea what that was) $2.00

Port Security Fee $25.00

Customs Exam $19.55

Total to Brennan $141.55

St. George Warehouse of Oakland

Forklift $35.00

Customs Entry Fee $50.00

Documentation Fees $5.00

Handling In/Out-General $35.00

Total to St. George $125.00

Now on top of all the above, I drove from Sacramento to Oaklnd to pick it up. That was a 200 mile round trip. So figure about $25.00 for gas. The St. George customs entry fee was for filling out a single piece of paper that needed U.S. Customs clearance signatures. I had to drive a few miles to the customs office to get it signed. No big deal.

As you can see, it ended up costing me around $730.75. Figure about $500.00 in shipping alone. If you have to ship further inland, figure more on top of that.

All the above should give a good idea of what is involved. Shipping heavy items can be troublesome. RB30 motors may be cheap and plentiful in Australia but remember someone has to go through a lot of time and effort to ship it.