HybridZ

Design Engineers: Need Your Opinion On Adaptor Design

Thanks Guys.

The local Classic Chevy shop has them in stock. Brand new with bearings and seals, $179/pr. I am anxiously awaiting the UPS "person" to bring me another sweet package. This is going so good it is scary.

Jimbo, I still have to fab up caliper bracket adaptors and plain wheel spacers so I will be in touch. Also trying to see if we can get a C4 diff into a 2nd-gen RX7 IRS for the monster GN-powered RX7 and might need you on that one too.

I have more pics but there is absolutely no way I would publish them on the board, if you get my drift.

Mike,

one last question. You said you had to drill to relocate the cotter pin and I can see that. The Chevy hub is about 1" shorter and the spindle extends past the end of the Datsun hub. I envision the spindle is going to stick out much more with the Chevy hub. Did you have a problem with that?

Originally posted by Scottie-GNZ:

Mike,

one last question. You said you had to drill to relocate the cotter pin and I can see that. The Chevy hub is about 1" shorter and the spindle extends past the end of the Datsun hub. I envision the spindle is going to stick out much more with the Chevy hub. Did you have a problem with that?

To get the Toyota calipers in the stock position, I had to shim outwards the chevy hub with a spacer on the spindle at the back. This brought the hub out about 1", so I had to drill out the hole a little wider outwards to get the cotter pin in. So in my case the spindle is not sticking out further.