HybridZ

t3/t4 hybrid

I was just searching the archives but it seems that there are a bunch of different combinations out there when it comes to turbo setups.

I have a stock T3 that just started to blow a ton of oil so I'm going to replace it with a hybrid T3/t4. I'm running an 83 l6 turbo with MSII and 35lb injectors and was wondering if this turbo would be good to grow into:

Garrett T3/TO4E 60 trim w/ .63 a/r and opinions about this for a setup?.....It's my understanding that the turbine side still uses the same housing but I'm not sure. I have a custom downpipe that bolts up to the current stock T3 housing so I'd like to keep that. Thanks, Chuck

• 5 months later...

Just for data, I ended up using this turbo and it fits with a stock turbo intake and exhaust manifold. There is some conflicting info on the board but this setup needed a 1/2 inch spacer on the exhaust manifold and a little grinding on the compressor housing. Longer mounting studs from Mcmaster carr were used.

Another problem was that the nissan factory four bolt downpipe mount needed to be converted to a 3 bolt flange and the waste gate actuator needed a fabricated bracket to work on this setup.

jepeg_thumb.jpg

jpeg2_thumb.jpg

jpeg3_thumb.jpg

Hi

Looks really good in the pics. let me know how the turbo works out im tring to put together a t3/t04e kit for my 280z right now. Noticed you are in greensboro, im down here in asheboro working for LNA Enterprises. we bulid scca road race cars.(one of our cars just took the national title in G Production, watch the race Dec. 19 @ noon) If you ever want a cage, engine, or some suspension work done give us a call at (336)-824-1605. love to come check out your car sometime. give me a halor @ (828)-489-6662.

• 2 weeks later...