HybridZ

HELP! 240Z dies when warm

whyrualive

I have a 72 240z with a 77 L28 engine. I have two problems that I can't seem to fix.

1. The car takes forever to start and once it gets warmed up (15 minutes of driving), it cuts off when I decelerate. No problem restarting, but it is aggravating. I've got to keep the tach up to around 2000 RPM or it's all over. Heal and toe between the brake and accelerator works.

2. I've had the car parked for most of the winter in my garage. Periodically, when I go into the garage from the house, I get hit with overwhelming smell of gas.

I want to get the car running well so I can take it to the track later this month. I've included a picture, but I doubt that will help. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

Guy

DSCN3615_thumb.JPG

Hey, I've got the same engine but with dual down draft carbs, that used to happen to my car as well. The car would just suddenly die as I slowed down. For me, it was just a carburator adjustment. And the whole smell of gas thing, I think that happens to everyone.