HybridZ

anodized housing

hey guys... bare with me here... i know nothing about the anodization process, or very little

and i have no recollection of the tolerances and limitations of the coating.

would it be possible to anodize the compressor housing of a turbo that's being rebuilt? i'd imagine the coating might be a hair's thickness too much along the journal for the prop shaft, but can be linished, i bet.

Has anyone seen anything like this? my friend just put a 968 engine in his 944 and wants to do something cool to it. and his car is red, so... :flamedevi

hey guys... bare with me here... i know nothing about the anodization process, or very little

and i have no recollection of the tolerances and limitations of the coating.

would it be possible to anodize the compressor housing of a turbo that's being rebuilt? i'd imagine the coating might be a hair's thickness too much along the journal for the prop shaft, but can be linished, i bet.

Has anyone seen anything like this? my friend just put a 968 engine in his 944 and wants to do something cool to it. and his car is red, so... :flamedevi

I'm not sure about anodizing but it could be powder coated. We carry several reds in stock and have access to several hundred more. Check out this thread for some examples of our work. We can mask any area to keep the powder off so the tolerances do not change.

Jason Williams

The problem with anodizing is that it is very thin and scratches easily.

Either Jason above or Mike (2003z) at www.thepowdercoater.com can do powdercoating...

Both do excellent quality work as I had Mike powdercoat my engine block and valve cover in prismatic black..

Mike also did my Dad's 944 turbo intake and it is a perfect match for the guards red that the car is painted.(engine bay is dirty)

m64105241.jpg

If you are building a HIGH HP car that the turbo is going to get really hot then I'd get high temp powder or ceramic coating.