HybridZ

Machining Custom Wheels?

Just wondering if any one has done this?

http://centerlinewheels.com/wheels_detail.php?mw_id=37&sw_id=310

I know Centerline sells forged alluminum wheel "blanks". Would something like this cost a fortune to CNC a simple pattern into? If so, any other suggestions? I think it would be really cool to do a one off group buy sort of thing in 17X9 if the machining is reasonable.

I made a spread sheet to guestimate their weight based off of % material removed and the unfinished wheel weight. Now if I can only get Centerline to give me a straight answer about the weight...

Guest TeamNissan

That sounds like something I would be interested in for sure. I would def need dif sizes though. Which makes me think that would be a big prob with getting a group buy going on this.

Guest TeamNissan

I'd like to think if we all contributed cads of our own ideas and went in on a group buy just to do a run of wheels there would be a price break as well. It really dont take that long at all to imput a cnc. They should give a break though if there is a few of these and a few of those. So long as they know they will be spending a week turning out just wheels.