HybridZ

HELP! 300zxt halfshaft shortening

crazy canuck Z8

I'm in the middle of my cv conversion from Ross,looks straight forward except 3/8 inch cv shortening,i don't want to pull the bearing out and loose it all over the floor.No instructions came with the kit.If you have done this please give me some of your knowledge so i can get this car back on the road. Thanks Kent

There is a site that shows how to do it, but I cant seem to find it... It is not hard and you will not have bearings falling out...they are locked in a cage assy. Just pop spline side on the ground until the cover on the diff side pops off...put in vice or something to hold and slide back and you will see the cage, remove the c-clip and flip the cage on the spline....put it all back together....easy as pie..

Email Ross and he'll send you a document on how to flip the cage assemblies on your axles. It's really simple.

There are also several threads you can search for that cover this topic. Search for "flip cage" and you should get a few.

Thanks,did the swap ,way to easy,this was the easiest part of my whole conversion,way to go Ross.I took it straight out for a nitrous launch,WOW,what a great set up this is.After some serious fun,i now have my tranny slipping at 6000 rpm shifts,great.....I had everything working for almost a day, now i have to post a tranny thread and spend another grand. 700 r4 stage 2 shift kit 2800 stall,do you think it could be the convertor?