HybridZ

Decisions, Decisions.

alsil

So here I sit after months of scouring, and have 3 possible cars:

1973 Celica ST - $500. Complete but ugly. Needs body work and paint. I would strip it down to metal anyways. This is in Kennewick, WA, about 250miles from my house.

1973 240Z - $1000. Complete, plus extra parts, including doors, hood, carbs, etc. Body is KINDA straight, but it's of course ORANGE. This is in Santa Cruz, CA....about 30 miles from where we're staying in CA.

1962 Falcon - $1000. Complete, straight, but rearend is broken. I think it needs a battery too. It's also only 10 minutes from my house in Vancouver.

I'm leaning towards the Falcon, just because there would be less work....but the Z is tempting because I could just clean it up, put the other hood on it, put different carb(s) on it (it has flat-tops right now) and go. The Celica would be a full on project, but I've wanted to do that for a long time.

I have money to get any one of them right now...but my goals are gas mileage, ease of repair, and pre-smog. I am familiar with all 3 cars, I've had TONS of Z's, had a couple of Celicas, and lots of Fords; so none would be anything too shockingly new. It's more of bang for the buck. The Celica will be hard to find parts for, not matter what. There are no repop places for parts. Z's and Falcon's have tons of repop comapnies waiting to take my money. Problem is, the Falcon would get new brakes and a rearend before I would even drive it - I've driven old Fords with drums.....no thanks. Scary to say the least. But once you do a Maverick swap.....done.

What do you guys think?

I say, buy all three of 'em.

I'm not a big fan of the round-fendered Falcons but, hey.

Of course the Z is best car ever created, so...

But, the Celica....I've always wanted one. One of the few Toyopets I'd ever even remotely consider owning.

725.jpg

Z or Falcon. Falcon is closer, yes, but the Z is the same color as your old one, so how can you pass that up? :mrgreen:

I'm biased toward Z cars. The Falcon would be cool, though, with a 351 and radiused rear wheel arches. Z will always be quicker.

Davy

Z or Falcon. Falcon is closer, yes, but the Z is the same color as your old one, so how can you pass that up? :mrgreen:

I'm biased toward Z cars. The Falcon would be cool, though, with a 351 and radiused rear wheel arches. Z will always be quicker.

Davy

You know how many orange Z's I've had?? I think 5. Seriously, 5. And that's not exactly my favorite color for a car! :lol:

Problem is, I may get out of hand again if I get a Z - I seem to get myself in trouble doing a project on one. That's the problem....plus I need something that gets good gas mileage.

Does anyone know if the 4v manifold helps with the fuel issue? Does it run cleaner? I would guess it would, since Z's are inherently rich running.