HybridZ

72' 240z to Small block 350 conversion

Guest Welsh240

Guest Welsh240

I am 17 and am planning on doing this for my senior project next year. I already have a 350 and a turbo 400. I have the tools and work space to do the swap and I dont plan on doing it over a weekend. I would Like to take my time on the project so I can have a good running car I can use for Autocross.

I have found this website http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Datsun_Z_V-8.html through the forums.

I was wanting some more infomation on what to do or does the book cover everything from head to toe?

Also what would give the car more power, a automatic transmission or a manual transmission? And what would be easier to control on a AutoX track?

I could use any help I can get. Thank You.

ok guys i've been waiting my turn to do this,i got this one.

SEARCH!!!!!!!:search::wink:.

Everything you need to know is already here on the forum,trust me.I realize how suck ass it is that most people dont properly title their threads but take your time and its all here.BTW welcome!!

As far as your q's,i'll answer quickly with my opinion:Automatic=caca.

Welsh,

The JTR book covers most of the swap--nearly everything and it's a good "base" to start with. There are some other things that may come up (or modifications) that this site covers pretty well. All the info is there or at least 99% of it.

For autocross, I suggest a manual transmission. I think nearly all the guys that autocross here have manual transmissions.

Davy

Welcome to the forum. I am also 17. This is such a good hobby to have. I would love to do a V8 swap, but don't have the money. Right now I am working on stroker L28 with triple webers. Great cars. Got to love them. All the information is here on this site.

Good Luck to you and your swap.

Nsyder

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Welsh240

Kennewick Washington, And I found out I already did my senior project! hahaha, But I'm still going to work on the car. Right now I think i have a draw on it because the battery has died twice now, But that doesnt really matter because by Fall I will be starting the swap