HybridZ

Are 275/50HR15 too big?...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

... for the front? And what about about 295/50HR15's for the rear? I picked up a sweet set of rims and need some new tires. Has anyone ever gone this BIG! If not, let me be the first.

*Wow those tires are huge! (thats what all the ladies will be say'n) :D *

Sorry, I was day dream'n. So, has anyone tried super wide tires yet. I can get a set of Kumho's for the rear and Nitto drags for the front. **I have friends in all the right places tongue.gif

Nic cheers.gif

Oh, I'm running 15x9's and 15x10's. 2thumbs.gif

Guest Anonymous

Ok.

Yes, I've got flares :D

About 3" in front and 4" in back. I was just unsure if it would be drivable. Oh, I too have coils.

Thankx,

Nic 2thumbs.gif

Just for another data-point, here's what I am running:

FRONT:

wheels: 17x9

tires: 245-45-17

coilovers: yes, 10" free length

flares: no

comments: no rubbing at full bump and/or lock

REAR:

wheels: 17x10.5

tires: 275-40-17

coilovers: yes, 10" free length

flares: yes, 1.75 inch (MSA "street flares")

comments: no rubbing at full bump

I don't think I could go any bigger in front without flares. In the back, I think 295's would fit. Therefore, you should be able to get those tires to fit given you have OPTIMIZED OFFSET . Also, be warned, parking lot manuevers were a B*TCH before I added power steering ;)

Guest Anonymous

Bad bad news. :(

I put the fronts on and they fit, well if I plan to only drive forward and never turn. The front of the tires rub on the fender lip. I'm planning to swap the fenders out and put on my glass racing fenders. I'm just upset I have to work more to make this thing fit. Thank you all for the tips. I hope I can get this to work. emo.gif

Oh, the backset is around 3.5" (from the inner lip to mounting face). I have A LOT of clearance behind the wheels.

Nic 2thumbs.gif

The backspacing is your problem Nic. I tried some rims off a Tomahawk that had that backspacing and 265/50/15's. Same problem. The rims I ordered are 4 3/4". If I had to do it again though, I'd go with 4 1/2". I figured I'd err on the side of too much. I can always add spacers.

Guest Anonymous

Well,

What do you suggest I do? I found a company that will change offsets. I'm not sure how much it would cost. I'll write to them and find out. I'll let you know how much it is, otherwise would it be better to cut the fenders to fit or replace the wheels?

Nic 2thumbs.gif