HybridZ

Need help. ebay turbo ecu $25 dont know if it works though.

Ok guys i am taking a chance here. there is a 83 zxt ecu on ebay for $25 on buy it now that ends soon and the seller pulled it off of a car that wasnt running. is there a place that i can go with the part number to find out if anything is wrong with it? i did hear about checking the different terminals to see if it is good. i have a multi meter. is there some place or website that will tell me what all to check to make sure the ecu will work once it is in place and i am going to turn the key? i dont wont to start putting on all of my turbo parts just to have it not work from a bad ecu. is there a company i can call or send it off to for them to see if it will work right? my car is a daily driver and it is my only vehicle. i need to make sure that i have a working ecu before i tare my car apart. any advice is greatly appriciated. thanks a bunch.

Nick Cason

I don't think there is a difference in connectors, afterall, the same connector pattern carrys over to Z31 300ZX and Maxima

The two most common causes of electronics failure : corroded connectors and electrolyte type capacitor failure, check those two after you receive it(if you end up buying it). Logically, the best way to test whether an ECU is good is to pulg it to an engine that matchs the ECU and is trouble free(in your case : a trouble free 83ZXT), if it runs = good, if it doesn't = bad.

i did end up buying it. come on $30. it is a shot in the dark but it might work fine. now i wish that i new someone here local that had a 81-83 zxt. is there any kind of difference in the ecu weather it has a stick or auto trans? that part still is unclear to me.