HybridZ

RB30 finally sees new home...

Careless

... my garage :D

picked up this bad boy today. gonna take some pics later.

loving it already though. the crank rotates and is smooth enough to be forced by hand with a bit of elbow-grease.

front sump pan and pickup came on it too =)

got my connecting rods from SPOOL over the weekend. Now i wait for my RB26 to come so i can make things happen. in the mean time, i'm going to get the block tested and such ASAP, or else i can't swap it with another one in this shipment, and i'll have to get one from the next shipment to exchange it with (highly recommend my source, great young guys who are just out to help a brotha, no bullshit kinda guys)

i took off the oil pan for an inspection and there seems to be a bit of rust haze forming on the cast iron parts, but nothing any 22 year old engine wouldn't have.

also came with a bosch replacement alternator and power steering pump (to drive my S14 power rack). So far so good. I like how this summer is going. i'm spending a bit too much on this thing, but it feels good =).

After pictures tomorrow (cant get to the engine stand in the other garage, another car in the way), ill come in and post them, with some pics of the spool rods and head flanges that i'm thinking of having copied for all us RB guys if you want to make your own exhaust manifold (i have to, since it's an N/A RB30/26DE).

:mrgreen:

Raff

ps. - lifting these iron ingots with only two people is one hell of a chore. and if that's not bad enough, the worst almost happened when i was in the car. I almost got paralyzed by a flying engine block.

we had dropped the engine block onto a sheet of plywood in the hauler Previa we use as a base for all our scrap metal hunting. some bright mother-♥♥♥♥♥♥ decided to cut into our lane, going around a double-length bus at a stop. No biggie.. just keep driving, right?

Wrong. It's a green and buddy comes to a FULL stop. My room mate slams the breaks, engine SCREAAAAAAAMS across the plywood like a rabid bulldog, headed straight for the back of my seat. I'm doomed.

The RB30 suddenly digs into the plywood with a sharp end of the head surface and does a 200 degree spin into the door, and rips a nice hole into the door side-panels. I later used my fist to give myself a light punch in the back of the seat, and i realized that there's not much there. I seriously would have had my spine fracture into a million.

long live le Ahr-Beeh, and I'm glad to be typing this out to you folks with my own fingers, rather than voice-to-text, sitting in a bed sipping pea soup.

Funny thing too, the Previa got sold today aswell, despite "Sheet Tree" and his sidekick, "El Dooro" from the Home Depot tribe coming to my rescue. HAHA.

damn, glad to hear your okay. this thread is teh lose without pictures though.

ughhhh. ill post some phone pictures of the spool rods, kay?

EDIT: Tomorrow =)

i like suspense, so you like suspense :-D

and i gotta go to work early.

u getting forged pistons too?

might get Arias RB25/30 combo pistons.

they have a 13cc dome.

Ideally, Id want a 16cc dome for my 10.5:1 compression ratio though.

my engine builder still needs to get my engine and my bits and pieces to check my clearances again (im doing it myself to compare first). and then he will use all the stock rods and pistons to check what he can get JE to do for me.