HybridZ

base map

rztmartini

I am just completing my MSnS install (finally!) and i was wondering how everyone obtained the base VE tables? is there a way for megasquirt to tune for a ceartain A/F ratio then get the settings from there? i have looked through the files people have posted but no one has a similar setup (or i cant find them) that i can use. please shed some guidance, my Z has been out of commission for 2.5 years now and its so close!

Here's what I'd suggest:

Find a map from someone that's "sort of close" to you.

Turn off the accel enrichment and then using toolsVEtable1 with the engine running, change the VE values for the bins you're idling in to get the best idle.

Then turn accel enrichment on and again, use something close to what others have used.

Set the MoreSettingsAFRTargets table. Again, you can use someone else's as a base line.

Turn logging on (Filedatalog)

Drive with as much variety as you can. You probably want to be careful to NOT go WOT at high revs as you could damage things with mixtures that were too lean for too long.

turn logging off

Now run MegaLogViewer and open the log file you just created

Click the VE Analyzer button and then Run Analysis

This will suggest changes to your VE table based on the AFR tables you updated earlier.

Save it and then reload into MS and repeat.

This assumes you already have a functioning o2 sensor and the other settings are all reasonably close. If you haven't already done so, you need to read ALL the MSnS Software as well as Tuning manuals. There is a lot of info, but until I read all of it, I was really just shooting in the dark.

Good luck!

PS. I'm doing this at an airport from memory, so some of the menu names may not be exactly right.