HybridZ

Tires

Guest Anonymous

Figures, John's STREET tires are a 1.5x wider version of my TRACK tires.

335s?! Your car tubbed or somethin?

With stock springs and bodywork, 225/50-15s or 225/45-16s fit up front, and 245s should fit in back given the proper offset. At least on a 240Z, 280 should be similar. Seems like more 15" seriously high performance street tires are being made available these days, lucky us. Go to www.tirerack.com and check out what's available. Greater selection in 16" sizes.

Only sickos like John would run Hoosiers on the street (though I did last night, in two different cars!). Kumhos, Yok A032Rs, or Toyo RA1s make better street tires, I know folks who drive 400+ miles on them to do track days.

John, what are those Michelins? DOT-legal or slicks? When/where are you going to be racing your car? Is it ready?

My reply to Zank's post was a literal response with no vehicle limitations. It was late on Sunday and my wife and I had been drinking a bottle of wine...

I'm running (or will be running) 275/45-16 Hoosier R3S03s. The car still is not done (I'm emulating Pete P :wink: ) but its getting much closer.

I agree with your tire size recommendations although a number of folks on this list have made wider tires fit with some changes in spring perch location. If a person is willing to flare the fenders a lot and buy custom built rims then you could fit the 335s I mention above.

Years ago I saw a black V8 Z running at a San Diego region autocross with 335s on the back and 305s in the front. The Michelins are racing slicks and happen to be the rear tire size on last year's ALMS GTS Vipers.