HybridZ

Finally runs like beast

kvansic162

Well after several tuning attemps, resets, voltage stabilizers, filters...etc. I think I solved my problem. I had a voltage problem. I put a GM alternator on my 79 which gave it more amps. After sill seeing a voltage drop a ran a high quality 8 gauge wire wire from the charge post to the battery. No more volage drops. Lights, electric fan, stereo ....all on and up in the 14 volt area at idle! The car performs great . I also put a snow performance water injection kit on . I spray 50/50 water and methanol. What a blast. No more octane boost. 93 pump gas an a littler methanol spray(10:1 comp) and perfect. Thanks to all who helped me in the past. Kirk.

wait----water injector on an NA??? whats your setup???

well if the intake air is really warm, you'd need something to cool it down at a 10:1 compression, no?

isn't the oxygen from water colder than the oxygen from atmospheric intake, unless somehow intercooled through a cold air ram pipe, or great Canadian weather? LOL

unless the water is located in an area that is in direct heat, i think it would help keep the intake temps down, which would help with detonation issues at 10:1 in a hot climate with 93 octane.