HybridZ

what tuning programs are you using

randy 77zt

I actually use Megalog viewer for my Tec3 logs. It's far superior to log viewer that is included with the Electromotive WinTec software.

I have made the most progress with tuning AFR's by importing the log output into an Excel. I build a scatter chart that plots AFR levels that correspond to the cell in my VE table. The X axis is RPM and the Y axis is MAP. That way I know what cell to adjust and by how much. The only thing it doesn't account for is exhaust velocity. The combustion event that requires an adjustment occurs earlier in the cell or possibly even a preceding cell as RPM rises. I'm not an Excel expert but I was thinking of adding a formula that progressively subtracts RPM from the value in the cell so it shows a more accurate plot. Just a thought.

I've been having good luck with the "VE Analyzer" in megalogviewer. I just drive around and log data (pretty much all the time); load it in the viewer, load my latest msq file in the viewer, and run the VE analyzer. it outputs a new table, i load it onto my MS. rinse, repeat.

I've played with megatune's autotune and the automatic mixture control a LOT, but i found that autotune tended to make unstable jumps (or a series of jumps leading in the wrong direction) even when given very little authority, and automatic mixture control tended to not change the table fast enough (or rather, as fast as i expected it to).

maybe i didn't spend enough time tweaking the settings of either of those two tools, but once i started to use the megalogviewer ve analyzer, it didn't seem necessary.

i have been running my car(old v.2.2 ms o21s )on the auto tune .the innovate lc1 is the input and i just wrote on the desired values on the af screen.i have the xd1 gauge running at the same time so i can watch what the ms is doing while driving.the autotune wont correct if you are way off on you fuel map valuesbut it does allow you to drive a poorly tuned car .it just seems like autotune is too slow.the megalogviewer and mstweek are supposed to generate new maps from your datlogs but i think this user is having some software problems and i will work on it some more.at tihis time i would be happy to get 1 of these programs to generate improved maps from my datalogs.part of the problem is me not wanting to buy a better lap top.