HybridZ

Auto to Manual (240z) driveshaft length??

Guest wakaranai

Guest wakaranai

I am helping a friend with his l28et swap and he currently has an auto tranny installed.

My first question is, will the auto driveshaft bolt up to a 4sp or 5spd tranny?

My second question revolves around the compatability between the 280zxt clutch assembly and a non T5 tranny. Are they compatible?

Any tips on retrofitting the pedal assembly from a stick car?

BTW he has a '73 240z Thanks in advance, Art

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wakaranai

I appreciate the response, but searching yielded no results. The threads involving auto to manual swaps failed to mention or did not give an answer to the compatability of the driveshafts. I don't see how my question meets the criteria for a "tool shed question:"

"they add absolutely no value towards the users of HybridZ"

• 5 years later...

Uhm this thread is probably way since buried/project completed and I actually found it via google, I've done it before and yes they are different. I believe the auto drive shaft is shorter by a hair than the manual, or vise versa hence the google search cause I'm selling the auto one finally. Anyway the answer to the first question is no it wont bolt up and the second is yes as frank280zx said it will bolt up to any of the L series trannys.