HybridZ

240z headlight removal and install . .

New-to-240z

Hey guys. I just bought this set of headlights . . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=011&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=320125114642&rd=1,1

(Ebay I know) Will, the guy who makes the headlight harness, said these are very nice and bright and make a nice difference for the price. I bought them and they are nice construction and look pretty damn clean. I was going to install them at the shop where my car is until i got there. I realized that i have no idea how to take out the old stock housings and replace them with these.

I did a search and came up with . .

Undo all the bolts on the inner fender where the splash guard is for the light. Then there will be a few more boplts that you undo and bam, the headlight housing pops right out.

But I realized . . How the heck am i going to put the new ones in? The new ones (as you can tell in the first pic on the top right) don't have any holes to screw into. They have these metal tabs that pop out and that's it. I was hoping someone could shed some light on this for me. Are the stock ones the same way? Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanx ahead of time and i will be giving you my review on them after they are installed with Will's headlight upgrade harness. Will be doing it all this weekend.

To use lights such as those, you're basically going to have to modify the stock headlight buckets. I'm going through the same deal with the headlights that I bought (memo imports style w/integrated turn signals). I figure, I'd cut the back of the stock headlight bucket JUST enough to fit the backside of these lights, then use the stock mounts on the front w/the trim ring to have full adjustability of the lights. Shouldn't be too hard, it's just a matter of setting the new lights inside of the stock buckets and seeing what mods you'll have to make.