HybridZ

Bell housing and Pressure Plate bolt LENGTHs

ktm

I am about ready to drop my motor and transmission back into my car. I need the pressure plate bolts and bell housing bolts (I can't find my old ones) for a 280zx L28ET and 280z five speed.

Does anyone know what the lengths are for the PP and the four bell housing bolts?

Thanks

I just wrote about that in this thread http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=123299

but I do not recall what the actual length is that you need. What you can do if you would like is to find at least two bolts that are the correct thread then using your clutch alignment tool put the clutch in place, set the pressure plate in place and put the two bolts in (they do not need to be tightened) take a tooth pick and stick it into one of the bolt holes, make sure the clutch and pressure plate are pushed against the flywheel then break off the tooth pick even with the outside face of the pressure plate. Remove the assembly take out the broken tooth pick and measure its length then get bolts that are 1/8" shorter than the measured length of the broken tooth pick.

Dragonfly