HybridZ

Denver area mechanics

Guest chrom76

Guest chrom76

Hey all, I’ve been lurking around for some time so not all that new.

Does anyone know of any mechanics or shops that can do the V8 swap out here in the Denver metro area?

I have a 240z that is all ready to receive the engine. Pretty much all the work is done and just the engine and tranny need to be bolted in. I’d do it myself, but I don’t have a garage.

I had a mechanic originally doing the job, but he’s now bailing on me saying he doesn’t have the time (long story).

or we can all meet with the Z car club of colorado on the monthly meetings or ofcourse my favorite.. the track days! =)

August 11 - next track day at the State Patrol Track.

Not my favorite track, but a whole lot better than NO track - still missing 2nd Creek - can't wait for HighPlains Raceway.

where in denver are you located??? i've mentioned this before but all the denver z guys here should meet or do something sometime... anyone going to the mile high nationals???

The next z club meeting is the 11th at brooklyns near mile high. Bring your skyline.

Meetings start at 7pm sharp, but a few get there before while the board members are having their meeting.

I'm going to be at the Mile High Nationals, but just on Friday (all day - my wife and another couple are catching up with me around 5pm) and without my ZX. Let me know if you will be there that day/evening and we can find a way to meet. Otherwise, I think you (schwiplarkin) once said that you had some cold beer in your garage :-) and that you lived near Yale (I live near Yale & Downing). I could stop by most any time and I'd be happy to replenish your stock of beer. I could meet just about anywhere, though - jbk240z suggested everyone meet at Hooters which would be a cultural experience I have not yet had. I'd prefer some place less trendy, though, since I'm fast becoming part of the geezer crowd (58) :-) and don't get out much. Someone should set a day/time/place and let's see who can make it.

I work late on Wednesdays so I rarely get to attend the Z Car Club meetings at Brooklyn's but, as PrOxLaMuS and Darrel mentioned, it might be a good central place for everyone else to meet. If you haven't been there before, MapQuest it since I got lost my first time trying to find the place.

John

Brooklyn's is fine - I was kind of joking about a trendy place being Hooters (how would I know since I've never been there! :-)). The problem with my not going out very often is that I often don't have good suggestions. Brooklyn's is fine but, as I mentioned, I won't be there for the Z club meeting since I work late on Wednesdays (and Tuesdays). If you'd like to meet there just about any other afternoon or evening, my schedule is usually pretty free. Brooklyn's was chosen by the Z club since it is central so it might be a good choice. I'm really fine with any place.

John

the skyline is not street legal right now, it may never be.but it is running.I might be able to make it to brooklyns in my 240z, but the alternator just died on me yesterday , and Im unemployed right now. anyone know of a local import shop looking for a technician??? but seriously meeting with the club would be cool, but I still say that any local Z guys are more than welcome to hang out at my garage and have some cold beer. Any friday or saturday is good for me after the nationals.I will be at the nationals friday nght and sunday. anyone feel free to give me a call at 7208401516. also how many people are in the colorado club???

I think there's about 150 members. Of those probably about 20 what I call "hardcore" who go to all the meeting and all the drives to get their membership points. There's probably about 10 or so that come out mainly for the track days with a mix of each generation.

I go to some meetings and when 2nd creek raceway was still open I took my 240 to the track events. If the state patrol track had more turns i would probably go to that track as well.

There is also a small group of datsun roadster guys that get together, they come from co and wyoming.

will see you at the next meeting on wednesday.

What part of denver are you in?