HybridZ

TACHY TACH! (rpm)

Alrighty guys i have this issue with the LAST cable i need to install on the autometer light i installed on my 71 Z. the ONE wire i cant seem to find for the job well done is a POWER ON cable thal stay on in the igrnition key ON position but will loose the power in the ACC and OFF position. i searched under the dashboard aroudn the cd player, behind the tachs, in the switch itseld and i cant seem to find a cable i can use.im fatiged, my fingers hurt and i just had to ask for help once and for all. im not wasting $ for one stupid cable on the electrician so im hoping you guys can be of some assistance. WHERE can i find the cable i need, WHAT color(s) is it Any help would be apreshiated.

thanks

http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=2126

http://www.atlanticz.ca/zclub/techtips/wiringdiagrams/240z/1971_240z.gif

My guess would be the BLU/RED wire which also supplies switched power from the switch to the blower fan, wiper switch, and backup lights.

WHT/RED supplies power to the other gages, so it's pobably ON in the ACC position.

Yeah the thick white with red cable has power 24/7 so thats a no good. hmmmi tested the wires that goto the switches on the steering wheel area IE lights. wipers etc... and there was no wire that i needed. apparently my wipers are not working.... so idk if that is whats causing the wire i need to not work. hmmm..one more dayof search and il just take it to the electrician..... im fed up with this lmao but any last minute help would be greatly apreshiated