HybridZ

Question for the experts about brakes.

Howdy all,

I spend a lot of my spare time just reading thru the invaluable archived information in this forum. An incredible resource IMHO.

I'm sure my answer lies somewhere in a previous post, but I can't find a clean-cut answer. I'm not a racer... and I just have the normal straight 6 that my 76 280 came with. I just did the front brake conversion from stock to the 79-85 Toyota 4x4 calipers. The new calipers and stainless braided brake hoses look awesome.

I went with an 80 280zx 2+2 master cylinder and a 75-78 280z 2+2 booster. Everything bolted right up beautifully. All I had to do was trim the dust guard. :D

Both of my front calipers were seized up before the conversion, so I can't tell the vast difference of stock vs. the Toyotas. I'm sure they're much better tho. It likes to stop on a dime now. ugg.gif (when compared to not stopping at all before, I guess that would be a bit of an improvement)

I went ahead and got the stock rotors turned, and they're now barely within spec. I also noticed that the car kind of pulsates to a stop... I'm guessing that it's because the stock rotors are old and worn? Therefore, if I have to spend the money on new ones ayways, I want to get the best rotors for the $$... hopefully just bolt-on. No serious mods.

So my question is: What are the best rotors to replace my worn out stock ones with in my situation? 280zx? 300z? ....

Thanks guys!

not sure but i doubt ross has front brembo rotors;;

he has rear ones for the rear conversion that he copied from me.

just buy new raybestos or similar rotors they should be about $45 ea and shipping to FL from the west coast will be the same as tax so not much savings to ship just that