HybridZ

Turbo and N/A Power Steering Clearence?

Hey All

About to drop my newly rebuilt L28ET turbo engine into my 80 N/A car. Just noticed that the recirculating ball steering box lives in about the same place as the turbo will be. Is there a clearence issue here, or do I need to convert the car to the rack and pinion? Hope not, as the donor car has been shipped off to the metal recycling yard :-(

Also, since I'm retaining the Nissan 5 speed, will the turbo clutch work with the Nissan 5 speed tranny, or do I need to use the clutch for the 2+2. (Swapping to the 240mm flywheel).

Thanks all!!

First part I can't help you with.

Now for the second question (which has been answered ad naseum here and the answer can be found by searching), the turbo clutch will work with the 5-speed tranny. You will need the throwout collar for the turbo or 2+2 - this is IMPORTANT. The throwout collar is paired with the pressure plate. If you use the wrong collar, your clutch will either not disengage or engage fully.