HybridZ

Recent HybridZ changes

Daeron

Well, it is fairly apparent that several minor changes have been made to the forum site lately.

The introduction of the model-specific forum seems like a great idea to solve the parts usability questions, and also to help classify all the photos together. Really if you ask me, the best part about having so many sub-forums is for the purposes of sticky threads. The more stickies we have, the easier it is to point new "searchaphobic" users at them; and believe it or not, the more new users will read them instead of posting the toolshed questions.

The breaking-down of the projects sub forum into model specific forums is what inspired me to write this post. It is all to easy to feel like change is annoying, because it means you have to adopt new routines, but lets face it: the theoretical "ideal" user of this site is going to be someone with above-average intelligence, and we can all benefit from a little more classification and organization.

I just wanted to applaud the moderators and administrators and the folks who keep this show running; That was my primary point. This forum, as a "place" on the web, is a very dynamic "place" and I feel that fact reflects the realities of the community that the "place" hosts. I wish I had any cash to spare to donate to the cause; in the meantime even if I had donated money already, I cannot say that the recent addition of advertisements is really all that encroaching.

-----Since I am making the essentially pointless, and arse-kissing post of this thread anyhow, I thought I would open the doors for any personal criticism or advice to me; I have been posting a great deal lately and am only too conscious of my limited knowledge and experience base. If anyone of you folks who REALLY make this site tick have any comments, or thoughts that might alter my behavior on the site (IE, "Holy cow, this kid needs to SHUT UP sometimes!!! I mean, come ON!!!" type stuff) please let me know. I am trying to use this place as an informal educational program until such time as I actually get to work on my Z, and in the meantime I am POSITIVE that I have made posts that had people scratching their heads and thinking funny thoughts about me. I do my best to chime in and help when I think my knowledge and experience (AND that of my family) may be of assistance, and I am sure I have a positive impact of some sort here, but I would like to minimize the complementing negative impact, too. I am very aware that I recently joined a fairly long standing fraternity and I kinda feel like I'm "playing with the big boys" when I may not be good enough for Varsity yet. :mrgreen:

In other words, I am not just utterly open to constructive criticism, I invite it and ask that you guys bring it on. For political reasons, it might be best to address anything like that in a PM rather than this thread, but I don't care.