HybridZ

New Z owner looking for advised

Hi Guys,

I just bought a 1978 280Z 2+2. I’ve been looking at all the information you guys are sharing for the past few weeks now (yes I’ve been using the search function). Anyway, here’s what I’ve come up with for my suspension and wheel/tires.

The suspension is all stock/original and I’ll be replacing all bearings, ball joints, bushings (Energy Suspension Hyperflex Bushing Kits from Summit), and replacing the springs etc with a Tokico HP SR suspension kit.

Tires/wheels I currently have 14X7 wheels with 225-60-14 all around. I would like to use 235-50-15 (235-60-15 too tall??) all around on 15X8 wheels. I know the car will be lowered about 1 inch with the new suspension and I’m not sure if I’m going to be adding flares at this point. I’m hoping there’s enough clearance.

I’m trying to upgrade the suspension and use wider tires all around (preferably the same size) If you have any suggestions please jump in before I screw up. :confused:

This will be a street car no intension of using it for anything else at this time.

Thank you in advance,

Rick:)

Rick,

Before your order the Tokico kit make sure that it is compatable with the 2+2 model. I actualy just installed the tokico kit on my 280zx 2+2 and found out that the rear springs are not rated for the 2+2 model. The car drives great, it just seems as if the rear of the car is sitting a little too low. I am now having trouble locating springs ther are made for the 2+2 model, and dont think I will have any sucess. :(