HybridZ

Rb20 into....

buzznhalf

Well, I'm new on here. Been sitting back reading stuff. I Have a 78 Plymouth Volare that came with a 225 Slant six. I'm sure if there are any older car guys here, they remember these rust buckets. I have had this wierd ideal to make this car streetable again, but with a Crazy motor swap which would be the RB series. i know which are better but I can't afford the Rb26/25 outta pocket. max i could ever think of is 1500 for a total swap setup (complete motor and trans) unless something pops up, namely cash.

I know alot of you are thinking im stupid. Yes i am,but this car has tons of room in the bay and i want it to have a good fuel efficent motor that has more than 110hp, the wow factor would be awesome, and I could do little upgrades to have more fun. I really don't want a V8 swap.

I know fuel system mods are in order and some fab work, but im not an electrical wizard. what would need done to the electrical system?

From what I've read, if you can only afford the RB20, you may as well get the SR20DET.

- Greg -

than i should just buy an RB25 at thier prices. i seriously thought about an sr20 over a rb20/25. for thier prices though, its not worth making the same power.

i think the cheapest SR20(s13) i seen was $1700 for a RWD setup. i found an rb20 for $1100. both would be around 200 for shipping or maybe more.

If you like torque, go with the RB25, the SR20 can make lots of power but, it'll never reach the RB in the torque deportment. + 2L. for 2L., the RB might be heavier but, for half the price, I could certainly live with it.

Great point. thats what i say. i wouldn't want to spend more money i dont need too. i plan on getting it swapped before i mod it any also so it wont matter stock to stock. i get a better deal rb20.