HybridZ

how low for street?

Guest Zpeed

hey i want to get mine lowerd,with some heavy duty springs, reading th JTR book, says 2inches best for street, i might just do this, anyone have any thoughts...

also i am going to get Z31 15inch wheels for the car, for cheap, what size tyres are the best for these with the car 2inches lower, i don't want any scrapage on the wheels...

Sounds kinda like my car right now ;) The picture below is of the car totally dumped, I drove it like this when I had the straight six in it. Now that it has the eight I need some extra clearance so I raised it up a bit, I don' t have any pictures online that I can think of that are real recent but if you want to be dumped this is what it will look like. I have coilovers, struts sectioned about 2", they were sectioned enough that I wouldn't need any spacers when using the Z/MR2 struts. The tires on my wheels are 215/60/15. This is the stock size for the 300ZX. I think you could use 55 series as well if you can find them, the wheels came with 50 series tires (for a 510) and they were way too small, so I'm not really sure how 55 series would be. As it is the sidewall is pretty big, not very performance oriented. I'm going to be looking into some 16" wheels, 8" in front and 9" in the rear so I can get some traction and run some lower profile tires... As it is I'm not sure whether you can run these wheels without coilovers. They tuck close in to the center of the body, there is plenty of room at the fender (too much for my tastes.)

Guest Anonymous

I used to have these wheels with 225-50-15 BFG tires. I didn't have any coilovers but the car was only lowered an inch. Every once in awhile the front tires would rubb when I made a sharp turn. You could probably run a 205-50-15 tire and not have any problems.