HybridZ

removing louvers and taillight panel

Guest Death69

Guest Death69

ok. i have the read the book and knocked out the rivets in the taillight panel panel, but cant get the panel off still. and for the louvers, ive knocked hte rivets out also but cant get it out. i guess im asking more how to remove the rivets.

Not quite sure exactly what parts you are talking about but the interior plastic rivets have a pin in the middle that need to be pushed out. Once the pin has fallen through, you pryout the rivet body. If you are trying to remove the rear exterior tail light panels, you will need to remove the obvious rivets then remove the interior panel to get to the nuts that hold them in. Not sure what louvers you are trying to remove.

I am assuming that this is for a first gen Z. Once the rivets are removed, you need to undo the nuts that hold on the whole tail light assembly. The lights themselves, are attached to the panel that you are trying to remove.

The tail lights are not attached to the pannel.

Remove the rivets on the top portion of the pannel under the hatch. Remove the tag and tag light. The pannel is in 3 sections. There are clips on the body that the pannel slides in. Grab and pull, it will come off, be gentle.

Guest Death69

Its a first gen. I am just having trouble removing the rivets. I popped the centers out but cant get the rivet itself out. and the louvers are the rear window louvers