HybridZ

VQ 330z

Hey guys, this is my first real project. What I'm planning on is taking the VQ30DE block that was taken out of my Dad's 95 maxima and swapping it into my 72 240z. But as the intro page says "stock don't cut it" lol. Here's the plan as of now:

Engine:

-Using a VQ35DE crank and rods, stroke it to 3316cc with a compression ratio of 11:1.

-350z cams with custom made spacers

Tranny:

-350z 6-speed

Intake:

-Q45 90mm TB

-350z Intake manifold

-After market plenum (undecided atm)

Fuel:

-440cc injectors

EMS:

-Megasquirt (not sure which yet)

Advice/Thoughts/Opinions welcomed

• Administrators

Interesting build.. Hmm.. If you plan to run pump gas, then yes, 11:1 is too much compression for any boost. If you plan to run LOTS of boost, you’ll need to drop the comp ratio considerably. If you plan to run only a little boost, then only a modest drop in compression ratio will be needed.

I have to ask. Why the Q-45 throttle valve? I’ve only seen one application using that TB where it visually “fit” the powerplant, 280Zforce's beautiful example.

Here is some good reading on HUGE by LARGE throttle valves from the “functional” perspective.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=119899

Thanks for that link Paul. After to talking to a friend of mine I think I'm just going to run N/A. With the high comp ratio and more fuel/air it should definitely be a fun car. Thats really the point of my build anyway, to have a fun car that I could take to track days with the local z club. Since you are an admin could you change the title to VQ 330z? Thanks

Jon