HybridZ

carbed ls1

Guest alzondo

Guest alzondo

i just registered but i have been lurking/researching hybrids on this site for a good while. i have also been searching for a good rust free candidate for a chevy v8 swap, which has not proved to be as easy as i thought. my plan was to power it with a old iron blocked stroker in the jtr position. recently a ls1 longblock that needs a rebuild dropped into my lap. no brackets for belts, no intake,electronics etc....just the shortblock from a 98 ss and heads from a vette. the weight savings alone should be a big plus but i havnt seen any of these carbed, i imagine someone must make an carb intake for it. so,my question is: is there any reason that running this with a carb setup wouldnt be a significant upgrade to using a old iron sbc? is there any reason i shouldnt use the ls1 in an old school like setup?

Guest alzondo

thanks for the mother lode of info!!!

i read through most of the links and realized that going with the carbed ls1 and some spark control system is going to be relativly simple