HybridZ

megasquirtin the Z31

onefast87

hey guys, decided to put the car down and put in my brand new MegaSquirt II v3.0 PCB Assembled + 4 BAR MAP. the engine bay wiring harness has been stripped out of the car. the new harness has been layed out.

today the wiring process starts.i started by cutting the stock harness and took the main relay and wired it to the new harness. now i have my main power for the MS. i havent made it much farther.

now i have a few questions.

how many of you people are using the factory wiring for the relays?

im having a hard time hooking up the fuel pump relay. its plugged in just like the image. but megasquirt wont turn it on. but when i touch the test light to the relay, the fuel pump comes on.

what do most of you do with the 4 wires comming from the AIC on the wiring harness, as i have no use for this.can they be used for something else?

how am im supposed to wire up the 2 step launching feature.

my car has a FPR solenoid, is there anyway to wire this up. or do i eliminate the sensor.

when megasquirt is on using key on power are the leds supposed to be on?

heres a few pics so far of the install.

Picturejess23007.jpg

MS001.jpg

MS2001.jpg

MS2002.jpg

MS2004.jpg

MS triggers the pump relay by grounding it. Make sure you have hot on one side of the relay coil and the MS FP wire on the other. I added a relay because I wanted to do all my wiring under the hood and the FP trigger from the main harness needed a hot to trigger. I simply trigger one relay with MS that supplies the 12V hot needed to trigger the factory relay under the dash.

ok so i have the main power hooked up and i tried connecting to the MSII with the laptop but i had no luck.anyone have tips on how to get it going.

im using a serial to usb. also how am i supposed to know when the MS is on?

since ive had it in the car, and hooked up i am unable to tell if the box even works?

The easiest way to check if the box works is to use a Stimulator, if you have one.

It sounds like you may have a configuration issue with MegaTune; if you configure it wrong you will not get communications. Let's see if something else will communicate with it. The MS-II code download utility is my favorite tool for this as it's pretty easy to get a response out of a working Megasquirt.

First, download and install the MS-II code download utility, if you do not already have it. The link to download that is here:

http://www.not2fast.com/megasquirt/ms2dl/ms2dl104_setup.exe

Power up the Megasquirt and connect it to your PC. You do not need to open the case and should not put the boot jumper in place for this test. Close MegaTune if it's running, and run the downloader. Set the appropriate COM port and 115200 for the communication speed. Then go to the File menu and select Read Signature.

When you do this, the downloader program will tell you what code version you have in your Megasquirt. What response do you get?

• 1 month later...

did you tap into your key switched power for you msII from that green efi relay in the firewall behind the battery? would you mind showing me pics of your wire conection. I have sds em4-6f and I got my car running but I am getting my power straight from the battery and havent figured out how to tap into the stock +12v key switched power.

SDS and MSII are similar. Email me and I may have info that can help you with your install.