HybridZ

cruise control not working

vrocious

i am at my wits end as i have spent the best part of 2 days ripping the car apart trying to find the problem and fixing others as i see them. My cruise control wont enguage, i can turn it on and the unit powers up fine displaying the on light but when i press the button on the stalk nothing. I've checked the relays and tried putting others in but that didnt do anything, i pulled the cc control panel out and that seems fine as i sprayed it with contact cleaner and replaced all the globes while i was at it. wiring harness and plugs (as far as i can see without ripping the dash out) are fine, tried getting into the stalk but the screw is so brittle it started stripping so got in as best i could and cleaned it out and when that didnt work just unplugged it and made a bypass relay from the plug but to no avail. as far as i can tell all the vacuum hoses are in the right plugs (my haynes manual is american for lhd and i'm in oz with a rhd) plus all this turbo components throws me off a bit.

can somebody please shed some light and help me?