HybridZ

maybe somone here can help me. (t90a)

hoov100

i have a 3spd t90a tranny out of my jeep, the trans blew up and the jeep was parked, now after i put a new trans in it, it wont go into second or third, i pulled the shift tower to find that the shift fork for second and third wont go in or out, it still moves freely from side to side, but not forward or backward, any help will be greatly apreciated.

check the interlock, ive had that bind before, its a little ball bearing that sits between the two shift rails in the shift tower near the front of the tower. its possible it has seized, and locked your tranny out of second/third

I rebuilt a t90 about a year ago for a 1952 ex military m38 that im restoring, it really is quite a simple tranny, and i remember if the interlock is left out your tranny can shift into 2 gears at once and destroy itself, and i also remember that if it doesnt have a spring, or the spring breaks, it can essentially turn into a perma-lock.

either way, try reading this, these trannies are very simple and not hard to rebuild http://www.willystech.com/wt/T90RebuildGuide/T90rebuild.htm and if that doesnt help, you can contact Novak conversions, theyre great people that deal with these trannies all the timehttp://www.novak-adapt.com/

i guess you got a weird one though, usually these trannies just wont stay in second

well then your best place to start would be taking a look at the interlock and making sure thats working properly. If you do try to take it apart, be careful as its usually under a fair bit of pressure and can sometimes fly out.

Also, I don't know if this could cause it but the shift forks can mistakenly be flipped front to back as well