HybridZ

fmic + fan = problems

So I started on my intercooler project with the NPR but clearance issues with piping on stock 280zxt Fan is impossible to route around? Do I have to go electric fan for this to work? The pulley's for the fan seem to be in the way... Ive searched and found pics of a stock 240zx being able to fit the piping under the dizzy from a 45 degree angle couple coming off the TB but Im thinking this may not be possible on my 280 without a electric fan...

Please help!

I have a totally different intercooler but still enters on 1 side and exits on the other.

2.5 id piping and I had to go electric. I am glad I did. I'm running msII and the fan is controllable now. very coool. in more ways than 1.

peace.

I routed my I/C piping under the car AND I have an electric fan. :) Under the car looks soooo much cleaner than in front of the engine. However, I will state that having a 1/2-inch spacer helped to align the turbo outlet with the steering shaft. If you are running a stock T03, clocking it straight down will not help - the linkage will be in the way.