HybridZ

pigtail part numbers

Guest chevsun

Guest chevsun

The 1996 T-56 chev part # for the Back up lights

pigtail is #12085485 $16.00 and the speed sensor pigtail is #12101899 $16.00. I installed the Mcleod Twin today. My motor is a 2-piece main seal and the only difference between the hays flywheel I was using with the 5-speed is that it had the three other holes for the floater.

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for the part number on the speed sensor pigtale, I just got mine on the road and want to hook up my Autometer speedo.

Lone

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Hey there,

Not sure where you got your prices at for your pig tails, but thanks. I took a copy of the post and let the tech look at it. He said, "yeah I have those parts, but don't know where this guy got those prices at, what the hell, I'll sell them to ya for those prices." Anyway, thanks, because I saved around 5 bucks. Later

sean

------------------

"I feel the need, the need for speed!!"

"Don't hate the player, hate the game!"

hey.to/ellobo

Guest Anonymous

I think there is a wide variation of pricing on GM parts from dealer to dealer, state to state. The speedo pigtail at a Chevy dealer in my area was $17.20 . This was at the same dealer I bought my goodwrench crate motor at (which varied price wise locally from the $1299.00 I paid for it, to $1500.00). As you can see theres a pretty good spread of pricing. This has long been the case in Auto parts. Back in the 70's and 80's I worked various part stores and there were four or five different prices in the book for a part, which ranged from jobber price to 'I don't like you very much' price. I'm not sure if thats still the case as many of the auto store now use set pricing (Kragen, Autozone etc.) in they're inventory system. FWIW.

Lone

Guest chevsun

I got the prices from the local chevy dealer. I know all the guys there and they take an interest in most things I build so they help me out or at least they claim to. I have totally restored my 72 vette and used there services a lot.

FWIW - parts places that sell AC Delco shoudl also be a source for these parts I was told. The shop I deal with took delivery of these for me from th eGM Dealer and laughed that I'd gone through them instead of th elittle AC Delco place around the corner. Live and learn smile.gif

I baught my pigtails from PepBoys. They have an aile full of pigtails. The speed sensor was around $9.00, and it was the same plug as a GM Coolant Temperature Sensor. The reverse switch plug I had to put together. They have all the parts needed and it cost about $6.00. I'll look up the part # when I get home.

Here are the part#'s The product is called Conduct Tite. Speed Sen. -85100, Reverse -85318 (socket),- 85303 (20-18 guage male wire connetors), -85305 (cable seals)

------------------

http://members.tripod.com/~SnowSurfer/mikekz1.html

[This message has been edited by Mike kZ (edited April 06, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Mike kZ (edited April 06, 2001).]

Guest Anonymous

Doh!!!!!! Pep dudes huh? Shinola... Oh well, good to know. 'Note to self', check with Pep dudes when looking for pigtails...

Lone