HybridZ

Which Gauges to get for LS1?

Hi, In the process of swapping out an LS1 into my '76 280Z ( http://www.4moores.com/ryan ) and I am using the original dash, but I want to swap all of the guages out. I have been looking at the Auto Meter Ultra-lites. From the searches I did, it looks like I will be getting the 5" and the 2 5/8" gauges. I went to e-gauges.com and then got confused on which ones.

Can all of them be electric? Can I splice off of the engine wiring harness?

The water has different scales.

Water has 100-250, 100-260, 60-210

If I want to use my original Z gas tank (with bigger line fittings, which gas gauge resistance? 0-30, 0-90, 16-158, 240-33, 73-10

Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

Finding the right gauges in not hard. I installed all new and there are not to many things to look for, Its been a while so I can't remember details but You have to get a pulse speedo and the others are normal. Send me an email address and I will send you some very useful photos of mine. the gas gauge does need the right resistance, look in the history to find it. I had my sender rebuilt and told him what the gauge was set at and it came back perfect!

No after market gauge is exact for the Datsun.