HybridZ

Muffler WAV

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Heres a wav of my exhaust system I added to my website today. It ended up being quieter on tape than I suspected it was. Also, not sure how a healthier smallblock would sound with this muffler. This is a the Flowtech Terminator on my car:

http://datsun240v8z.virtualave.net/240zflowtech.WAV

Lone

------------------

http://datsun240v8z.virtualave.net/index.html

Lone, the small block sounds really good. I think you cam may make it sound more tame then it really is. If you listen to Dave Booths engine for a comparison, it sounds a little lumpier (more aggressive cam) then yours. I would be proud to have your car for my own in my garage! At least it runs well! Nice job on the car, website, and sounds.

Take care,

David

Guest Anonymous

Thanks Dave and Davey, much appreciated. Yeah Dave's motor is definately lumpier sounding than mine. The goodwrench motor is fairly low compression (8.0 +) and its duration is only like 194/204 @.050, advertised duration about 240. Down the road I'm looking to put better heads and I've been looking at the Crane blueprint musclecar cams (replica's of early chevy cams). One in particular, the 327/350hp cam is attractive as its about in the range of horsepower I'm looking to eventually achieve, with smaller chamber aluminum heads it should make between 325-350 hp no problem.

Theres a interesting article which basically got me interested in the GW motor and a subsequent multi part bolt on dyno test here: http://www2.aros.net/~rbuck/chp/Welcome.html

Thanks again, and also thanks to those who helped in the forum with information.

Lone

Hrm, should we convert that puppy to an MP3 for the modem folks?

And I think it sounds VERY nice Lone. I actually woould be pretty happy if my car sounded liek that. Not real nasty, low rumble, maybe sneak up on a Honda or two smile.gif Single Flowtech right?

[This message has been edited by BLKMGK (edited April 04, 2001).]

Guest Anonymous

Thanks, yeah, single flowtech. Heh, yeah MP3 would be more modem friendly huh? I was going crazy looking for a MP3 recorder and finally found a old Wav recorder from I think it was my Awe32 directory. Apologies to the modem people (of which I'm one...), I know it was a bit large.

Regards,

Lone

Guest Anonymous

Mike,

I picked it up at Kragen, its available from those type of chain stores. Flowtech Terminator. Its a welded construction and sells for right at $50.00.

Regards,

Lone