HybridZ

Help Spike! Oh no, Molly!

datman

I need some help to cure my RPM spike,

I have added a filter to the +12 feed of the megasquirt which stopped most of my spikes. The single wire temp sensor was giving me problems so I have a fixed value resistor in the temp connector to give a 70deg C value until I find the cause.

The alternator seems to be causing a lot of noise so I unplugged it, Now most values are stable except for the occasional RPM spike which is causing the engine to stumble on acceleration.

I have shielded cables for PIP and Saw, new heavy gauge cable for power supply to the megasquirt and relay board.

Can anyone shed some light on the problem?

My setup is as follows:

l28 F54/P90

Megasquirt II PCB 3

EDIS

123 INJ1 456 INJ2 Alternating

Holset H3351CW

Low imp injectors (2.1ohm)

The car is running great apart from this damn spike, when I disconnected the alternator I unplugged the regulator....would there be any noise still coming from the main power cable with the field unplugged?

Here is a log from today.

Thanks for looking!

sunday26thaug2.zip

Well I fixed the RPM spike by cutting the middle pins on q9 and q12, joining them to a wire and taking that wire to a 12v source before the voltage filter that feeds the megasquirt. This stops the noise from the injectors reaching the MS. This mod is listed on the Megasquirt forum. I still have some noise on the temp signal but only a small amount.

Even at 6psi it is amazing how powerful an l28 can be.

No sound for some reason...play ok on the one I have on my pc but I think there is a Codec problem with the copy I made for youtube.....the sound is the best bit. I will try and sort it this evening. Try the Spec 11lb flywheel and 6 puck sprung clutch....I've got one and its great!

Talk to David at Spec, he will sort you a good price.

David Norton

> S.P.E.C., Inc

> 800-828-4379

> fax: 205-491-8593

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jaLGlVGA2uo video with sound.

Knocking noise was coming from injectors/fuel rail down fuel line to hard fuel line fixed to bulkhead which is why I could only hear from inside the car. Had me worried!

So, it was the hardline rattling against the frame? Make sure you get some rubberized clamps if that's the case. BTW, I have had standalones report that much of a rattle (and even less) as knock before. Make sure you go through everything and isolate it or bolt it down, etc.

Good luck! I am still assembling my MS2 V3 and gathering parts.

Tach doesn't work as I'm using EDIS, I reda somewhere about using 3 diodes to connect it, will try soon. The brake light is faulty, the wire at the switch keeps touching ground. I have all new brakes/lines/master cylinder. I had my laptop on showing RPM.