HybridZ

I think someone is making TC-24s in Japan again..

SilentNight1647

I picked up the latest issue of Lightning Vintage Auto over here and saw something that made me almost jump up and down like a school girl, a new TC-24 head on a car I'd never seen before. Based on my limited ability to translate Japanese with my cheat sheet and the very limited ability of my buddies to who can read it to put it into words it looks like someone is making them out of a garage somewhere in Japan. I wish I had a scanner handy so I could show you guys the pics the car is orange with a black hood, an airdam, and black Watanabe RSs, I personally think it looks pretty sick. So maybe I'm just overly hopeful or I misunderstood the article but it looks like we are not the only people still fascinated with the old L-Series. On another note it seems like NA builds for these are typical over here I don't think I've seen one turbo one in a really high performance vehicle since I've been here. But that doesn't mean they aren't doing funky stuff though, their headers look like a garden hose that has been tangle up beyond the ability to be untied, I guess they take the whole equal length tube thing very seriously. Anyway I will find a scanner and get the pages up from this magazine their some stuff in here I think you guys would really dig.

Yep that the one. I like that car alot, did you happen to catch the Datsun horn cover on the steering wheel? I think they want Datsun stuff for their cars as much as we want Nissan stuff for ours. Also it seems the big Z club over here is actually called the Datsun Sports Car Club of Japan, go figure.

Hm, interesting. I suppose they want what we have, and we want what they have. Since datsun isn't in japan, and nissan 240z's aren't in america XP

Interesting how things like that are isn't it?

I like that car a lot too. I'm still trying to buy a Z. it'll be my first z and first car to buy out of my own pocket.

Based on my limited ability to translate Japanese with my cheat sheet and the very limited ability of my buddies to who can read it to put it into words it looks like someone is making them out of a garage somewhere in Japan.

Just to nip this in the bud before any silly internet rumours get started; the 'Lightning' magazine article is covering a car that has had plenty of coverage in other Japanese magazines over the last three years - including several staged build-up articles in 'Old Timer' magazine that covered it in depth. 'Lightning' are a little late in getting to the party.........

This isn't a 'new' TC24-B1, but just a lengthy repair and rebuild of an original one.

So maybe I'm just overly hopeful or I misunderstood the article but it looks like we are not the only people still fascinated with the old L-Series. On another note it seems like NA builds for these are typical over here I don't think I've seen one turbo one in a really high performance vehicle since I've been here.

No disrespect intended, but I think you need to get 'off base' a little more whilst you are in Japan.

So I misunderstood, I said my ability to understand Japanese was very limited. I just thought it was cool that someone still carries an interest in the L-Series as a racing engine and not just for restorations and nostalgia. And I do go off base quite a bit but when I reread my post I realized I wasn't really clear I meant NA L-Series builds are the norm not for everything, I see tons of turbo RBs, Rotaries, SRs, and pretty much everything else. Oh well, just a little too optimistic, still a cool Z though.

PS

I went and played that Initial D game with real cars today, that was cool the cars all had working gauges in them and it almost felt like you were really throwing one around a corner, definetly the coolest arcade game I've played ever.