HybridZ

Trany options for 280ZX JTR kit

rxKaffee

I'm looking at doing an sbc conversion, and kind of like the looks of teh JTR kit. I couldn't tell which transmissions were avail for it though. Their site just seemed to say "tranny crossmember" without saying which worked on it.

I'd really like a T56. I've seen lots of pre-280ZX Z owners with the T56, but not very many 280ZX owners. Just not as popular with this crowd, or is the tranny tunnel of limiting geometry?

Thanks guys!

rx

Searching around a little more on Google last night I was able to find a site that appeared to have mirrored some older information from the jtr site. From this information I was able to gather that the tranny xmember included in the kit by "default" is only good with some automatic and the t5. BUT! There is a t56 crossmember available according to the text.

Has anyone ordered the jtr kit and substituted the t56 crossmember for the one included by default? Any extra cost involved?

Hi there,

I have an 81 280zx with a T-56 in it,and I used a JTR kit.

I ordered the "regular" kit,not knowing that I was going to put in a T-56.

Had no problem using the stuff they sent me to put engine and tranny mounts together.

You might want to open up the tranny tunnel a bit. You should have no problems.

Good luck